Living Beautifully: Live From Your Heart


-->

-->



WE LIVE in a society where the language of the mind—reasoning and logical ideas—rules. But I have come to recognize in my own life, especially as a woman, that when I live more out of my heart than my head, I am more alive and more in tune with who I really am inside.

Author and speaker Mark Virkler considers the language of our heart to be pictures, emotions, spontaneous thoughts (intuitive), and faith. The language of the heart speaks beauty and hope. It speaks truth in love. It is different from the language of the mind.

I've talked before about choosing work and projects that make our hearts sing. When I’m working on a project because my mind tells me “It’s a good idea, you’ll make good money at it,” but my heart says, “I don’t like it, I don’t care how much money’s involved,” guess what, only my head is happy. But if the project touches beauty, love and hope in some way, as well as money, then my head and my heart are both happy.







Grace Note:
We’ve all heard the phrase a picture is worth a thousand words. So right now, picture a project that makes your heart sing. Something that matters to your heart.  When we live from our hearts, we love, we care, we reach out and make a difference because our heart is touched. If we would allow our hearts more time on the floor, I believe we would be happier, more content, and more passionate about our lives.







8 comments:

Belinda said...

Hi Brenda,
I'm so glad I found Perfectly Pink through your comment on Whatever He Says. I'll be checking in regularly.

Patsy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love your blog.

Brenda Leyland said...

Glad you're enjoying!!

Christine said...

We all need passion.
And everyone can find passion.

You are so right to listen to your heart. That is where we find our passion.

Great post!

Kara said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog because I am loving yours! You are so write. I'm constantly thinking of writing projects I could do for money, but they are never as fufilling as the ones I do just because my heart spoke to me! Great post:)

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow, I never thought about it that way! I love that! It's so true!!! SO TRUE!!!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog... I am told that I live my life by my emotions... I take that as a compliment... I always follow my heart... it knows the way... Bisous... Julie Marie

Violet said...

Hi. I love living in the moments that make my heart sing. Thank you for the inspiring thoughts! There is a little 3 year old in my life who says to me, "You make my heart happy". What a delight to be someone who can make anothers heart happy!!! And there are so many who do that for me also... and the beauty of God's creation always brings me such joy. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments, it's how I found you! ~ Violet