BIZ Builders...How's Your Harvest?



IF YOU KNOW anything about gardening and growing things, you will know that there is a definite pattern of sowing and reaping. You can never harvest anything unless a seed has first been planted. In other words, you can't expect strawberries if you haven't first sown a strawberry seed.

This same principle plays an active role in every other area of life. If we want to experience the good things of life, we need to sow seeds of good things. We must first give in order to receive.

Sometimes we need a witty, new idea. I used to teach kids and one thing I enjoyed was creating games and interesting bulletin boards for them. At first I only had a few simple ideas, but as I used them, other new ideas would start to develop. My mind would begin to whirl and I'd say, Oh, I could do that or this. If I worked on it this way, then I could also get that...and that...and that.

I began to realize that creativity begets creativity. The more ideas I dreamed up, the greater the flow of other interesting ideas. Pretty soon I had files of ideas, and everywhere I went something would trigger brand new ones.

Were those possibilities always there? Probably, but until I put something into action -- ie until I planted the seed I already had -- I didn't get a harvest for something larger.

Everyone knows you can't multiply zeros -- 1000 x O still equals O.

What kind of good things are you looking for? Do you need a great new idea? Some encouraging words? Help with a project? New techniques? New friendships? Fresh opportunities?

Start with what you have, plant that seed, and then expect a harvest. Remember, the more seeds you plant, the bigger the harvest.


Now go live successfully!