DO YOU EVER get so busy or you've worked so hard on something that you've grown weary in body and soul? Or maybe the weather has been rainy or snowy for weeks, and the world just doesn't seem as bright and beautiful at the moment? In fact it begins to look a little gray around the edges?
Well, that's how I must have felt one morning a few years ago when I made a visit to my blogging friend Katherine's blog at Sew Me Something Good. I felt as if I'd been dropped into a large paint tray or a new box of crayons. My soul must have been craving colour! I felt like a sponge soaking it all up.
If you've noticed your world looking a little gray, here are 13 ideas that might help you add a new splash of colour and zest to your life:
1. Visit Katherine's blog.
2. Visit a quilting/fabric store in person.
3. Buy a big new box of crayons (the biggest box you can find) and a colouring book or blank art book. Now spend some time playing with all the wonderful shades and hues.
4. Go to the nearest scrapbooking, stationery or paint store and let your eyes rove over the displays of paper and colour samples.
5. Add more colour to your home. If you've got beige walls, buy some new cushions in some stunning new colour.
6. Alexandra Stoddard puts brightly coloured pencils in a holder and sets them on her desk.
7. Fill a jar with jellybeans or jube-jubes. A friend once gave me a jar full of jube-jubes -- they looked like bright jewels on my desk.
8. Buy a new scarf for your fall jacket. If you are normally conservative in your choices, be bold and outrageous -- choose a colour you wouldn't normally pick.
9. If you've still got fall colours in your neighbourhood, go for a walk in it. Bring autumn branches and berries into your house and set them in a large vase.
10. Visit an art gallery. Or visit your child's school -- their walls are often displayed with vibrant and joyful art.
11. Buy a magazine with lots of great photos, e.g. art, photography, quilting, scrapbooking, sewing.
12. Buy a handful of blossoms from the florist shop.
13. Enjoy checking out the new season's line of lipsticks.