Living Beautifully: It's All in the Layering





"I want my life to be like a rich four-layer chocolate cake."


HAVE YOU EVER EATEN a delicious four-layer birthday cake? One of those delectable mile-high desserts where, between every chocolate-y layer, a new flavor bursts on your taste buds? It's heavenly, isn't it?

I've decided I would like my life to be like a rich four-layer chocolate cake. Interesting and slightly unpredictable, with promises of rich creamy texture, sweetness, and crunch in every bite.

Just as the baker of such a flavourful dessert can choose, so too we can put such delight between the layers of our daily existence. Of course we can have a simple one-layer sponge cake, doing laundry or our business all day long, but wouldn't it be more fun to anticipate a day layered with different tastes, textures, and experiences......

It may be an old cliche, but it seems to be true: variety is the spice of life. Layer your days with an assortment of activities, people, and experiences...and you'll notice life will start to burst forth with more flavor.

Mmmm... won't you have a slice with me?






Photo Source:  thegraphicsfairy.com